Previous Deer Designers

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Time For The Star

Hi there!!

Wow, I seriously cannot believe it is December already!! As is tradition in our home our tree went up on the 1st after hubby was home - it's a whole family thing!!

I LOVE Christmas!! Everything about it but most especially the magic!! My first real insight into the magic of Christmas year came as we were unpacking all the boxes to put up the tree in the form of my littlest little guy. His precious face was all smiles and he giggled and oh'd an ah'd ALOT!!

The icing on the cake however was his most precious little face upon being lifted up by Daddy to put the star on top of the tree. Each year previous to this (since we had kids) this has been my biggest little guys job but last year he cried. He clung onto his Daddy for dear life!! I was a bit sad by that but rolled with it, as you do with kids!! I thought this year, it will be Hunter's turn! So up he went! Jacob and I watched and Jacob said to me "Yeah Mummy, good idea for Hunter to go up and put on the star!" Winning by each child, now that doesn't happen often!!

I had received in my box of goodies a pack of the Elle's Studio Good Cheer journalling cards and Elle's Studio Good Cheer Bits & Pieces which is where my page inspiration started out. I pulled out some papers in teal and red to go with the cards and bits & pieces I had picked out along with some vintage photo distress ink and also gold colour shine and gold thickers and set to work :)



I'm really happy with how this page turned out and had fun playing - especially with all those little bits and pieces from the kit!!

After all the paper, the photo's, the title and the journalling was stuck to the page it needed more. So I grabbed out my sewing machine and gold thread and stitched a plain border all around the edge, then grabbed these gorgeous Studio Calico gold camera's and spread 3 across the page. Then I pulled out my Pink Sparklets and some bluey/teal rhinestones and sprinkled those across the page on the diagonal.

Here is a close up the title



The bits and pieces I have layered around the photo/journalling



And the little banner from the top of the page



That middle stripey layer is actually a 3x4 card that I chopped down - I loved that it had all the colours in it but it was way too big to use the whole card up there - or anywhere else on the page really!! But it does mean I have more of it left over for another project!! Yay!!

Thank you so much for stopping by, I can't wait to see what the other girls are creating with their boxes of goodies so make sure you are checking out all their creations as well!!

Until next week,
Mel
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment