Previous Deer Designers

Monday, December 1, 2014

Christmas Time!

Happy 1st of December everyone!

I love the first day of Christmas! .. Getting the tree out and all the decorations.
Do you put your tree up on the first? We do! The house looks so colourful, puts a big smile on my face.
This year we have introduced the Elf on the Shelf. Today Jorja came home from school to find a parcel for the North Pole, she was so excited.
We both sat down and watch the Elf on the Shelf movie, and Jorja quickly named her Elf Candy Cane .... Candy for short!
Its been a great start this evening having Candy in the house, not ONE fight for Jorja to eat her veggies, or even have a shower without a disagreement ... So FANTASTIC!
I might have to keep Candy around all year!

Anyway ... today I have a layout to share using my goodies from the November DT pack! I really loved using all the goodies that Debbie sent me.
This layout is a little more tame to what I normally do, but still has the Mixed Media feel to it.
I really wanted to start scrapping "Christmas", but I don't have any 2014 Chrissy photos yet! ... With both the kids at school, my poor Pug, Blossom and no choice but to model for me!
I much say I was very impressed on how good she was!

As usual I Gesso'd my background paper first, as I knew I would be using the Faber Castell - Gelatos for my background. Added my Kaiser Craft and Amy Tan stamps for texture.
Then using a Kaiser Craft stencil and Modelling  Paste to create even more texture. After the Modelling Paste had dried, I rub a Close To My Heart ink pad in Olive to tone the while down a little and add some depth.
Then the paper fun started! I just LOVE cutting apart the 3x4 cards to use on a layout, they are heaps of fun.
So here goes, my first Christmas layout for 2014 ......


" Christmas Photos "








Thank you for popping by and checking out my layout!

I hope you have also been enjoying checking out Melinda and Emma's awesome creations! ... Loving them so much! :)

Have a great week! .. See you next Monday!

bye 4 now .... Connie xxx

Products

Sparklets - Green
Gesso
Faber Castell - Gelatos - Green
Close To My Heart - Ink Pad - Olive
Old 12 x12 Pattern Paper



No comments:

Post a Comment