Previous Deer Designers

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

A Golden Christmas Continued..


 Hi Everyone,

After a great response from my first post (Thank you!) I have been asked to go a little further in depth with how I created my cards from the "A Golden Christmas" album which you can find HERE!
These are all super simple cards to make at any size, using all the things you may already have lying around in your area.

I selected 4 of my favourites which are shown below - I must apologise for my incredibly poor camera skills, I'm using the excuse of they were taken on my phone and I am somewhat of a night owl when it comes to crafting and my partner is yet to fix the lights in my room.



The first card 'Man I Love You' was creating using Dylusions Calyso Teal ink, a few sequins, aqua brush, glossy accents, Simon Says Stamp Ink in Black and one of my flavour of the month stamp set, 'RAD' by Kellie Stamps.

I simply put a droplet of ink on my acrylic block and dipped my aqua bush in to dilute the colour a little, and brushed lines across the page - Easy as, right?!
Once dry, I drew my black border with a journaling pen, then grabbed the 'Man I love you stamp' - this is the tricky bit. I only inked the word MAN and stamped, then inked up the I LOVE YOU part and stamped underneath so it would all fit in. Attach a few sequins with glossy accents and you're done!

Man I love you card supplies


Next Up, The love card - using only the Dylusions ink, aqua brush and journal pen.
The easiest card EVER! I hate my own handwriting but this made the album a little more personal - I dipped the aqua brush into the ink and scripted away! (Don't get me wrong, several attempts were binned!), once dry, add the border!

Love card supplies
My third card, 'The good life' was used with the same technique as the Man I love you card but instead of using ink, I found some gold paint in my stash. This is the same technique as I used on my Christmas card swap that you can see in my introduction post HERE (However I used a normal paint brush there)
Once dry and the border was added, I used a die cut from the Amy Tangerine Stitched collection and adhered with Glossy Accents.


The Good Life card supplies
 
Lastly, my fourth card 'You Rock' - This one got a little technical, I wasn't sure at all if this was going to work or not but it turned out better than I expected!
I applied the gold paint directly onto my stamp (Avery Elle Texture Tiles - Be Cool) and stamped onto my cardstock. Once dry, added borders and another of the stamps from the RAD set.

You Rock card Supplies

I hope I have inspired you to get your craft on and have a go, these cards really are a great way to build your stash using supplies you may find you already have hiding in your craft space or even just to create that perfect filler card you can't seem to buy!

Happy Crafting!
- Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment