Previous Deer Designers

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Making Florals Manly

 Hey Everyone!

I hope you are having a FABULOUS Saturday! It's so beautiful and sunny in South West WA today so I have been catching some rays, in a hope to tan up my white pasty winter legs!

Today I am sharing my latest Project Life spread. This year I have been doing my pages monthly-ish rather than the popular weekly spread as some days you'd have to tackle me to get the camera out of my hands but other days, especially when I don't have Ryan to follow around, my camera is neglected. Today's spread I am sharing is one of those days where I took heaps and couldn't choose a favourite.

My partner & I took Ryan to the viewing area at the airport a few weeks ago to watch the planes before my partner hopped on one himself. We had such a great morning watching all the planes take off, pointing and screaming with excitement! Ryan was a little bit sad he wasn't allowed to actually go in the plane, but I have promised him he will be in one very soon to see his Nanny & Poppy over East.

  For this spread, I used Kaisercraft Seabreeze 6x4 Captured Moments cards as my base.
I LOVED the colours of the cards, the dark blue was a bit darker than I would normally go but I am really happy with the end result considering some of the cards were quite flowery which, having boys, I tend to struggle with from time to time - why can't they just like flowers too?!
(I'm pulling in the pinks for next week!)



I didn't have any 3x4 cards at all that coordinated with the Seabreeze range so I just cut up a couple 6x4 cards in half and rounding the corners with my trusty EK Success corner rounder punch.


As this spread was only for one day, I had a few gaps to fill in with filler cards. I found the blue from the Amy Tangerine Stitched Die Cuts were a perfect match with Seabreeze so I've sprinkled a few die cuts from that pack about, along with a few hearts from the Playful chipboard sticker pack, some washi and mambi stickers

Links to the products I've used are below, don't forget to pop back next week where I share a no so boy-ish spread!
Have a great week!
- Emma

From the store:
Kaisercraft Seabreeze 6x4 cards
Amy Tangerine Stitched die cuts
Kaisercraft Pocket Stickers - Sea Breeze
Kaisercraft Overlays - Love Life


From my stash:
Several dies (Paper Smooches, WRMK etc)
Journal pen


No comments:

Post a Comment