Previous Deer Designers

Saturday, December 6, 2014

A Golden Christmas!

Happy Saturday Everyone!
Thanks for joining me on my very first post for the Deer and Fawn design team!

I am really excited about Christmas this year, We are flying over east to spend Christmas with my family in a couple weeks; It will be my first Christmas since moving to WA back in 2006 and both my partners and my son's first Christmas with them ever. Excitement plus!

I wanted to make my mum something REALLY special since she misses out on so much being on the other side of the country and all, but I know she wouldn't do much with a regular scrapbook, it would just sit with all the other creations my sister and I have made for her and become a congregation for dust bunnies. Not on!

Then I saw these awesome little We R Memory Keepers 4x4 albums in the Deer and Fawn online shop (I chose the gold) and just knew it would be perfect! I could add a small amount of pretty, stuff it silly with photos AND it's small enough to fit in her handbag so now she can do her usual thing a little different instead of thrusting her phone, with my Facebook profile up, in the faces of her co-workers, constantly repeating "That's my grandson!".


I also picked up a few extra page protector packs while I was there just to make sure I'd have ample and then off I went choosing my favourite 200 photos from 2014.

I had a lot of fun making my card for the Christmas swap this month, so I decided to do a similar style and make this album a little more handmade, use up my stash and save a few dollars before Christmas. I whipped up all these 2x2 inch cards in a suprisingly short period of time - some I really hate, some I really love!



I did add two 4x4 inch sleeves at the front and back to work as a cover page, I really like the way these came out.


And finally, just one page of the completed album! I didn't have any cards to spare at the end of this project, I used one card per page so you can imagine how many pages there are (I counted 25 - give or take some) so I will spare you the whole album this time! 


Till next time, enjoy your week! 

From my stash:
gold paint
Gold Kindyglitz
Sequins
Bella gold glitter paper
gold fabric fabric
Christina Re paper
Heidi Swapp Color Shine Teal
Dylusions Spray Teal
Several dies (Mama Elephant, Simon Says Stamp, Paper Smooches etc)
Kellie Stamps Epic & Rad stamp sets
Simon Says Stamp black ink
Journal pen

From the store:
4x4 WRMK Gold Album
4x4 page protectors
Amy Tangerine Stitched die cuts
Heidi Swapp Color Shine Gold

No comments:

Post a Comment