Previous Deer Designers

Friday, May 1, 2015

Project Life Spread

Hi all
This is Tammy, I thought I'd wish you a  Happy Friyay!!
Let's start the weekend off with some inspiration.  I'm sharing my first Project Life spread as a Deer and Fawn Designer.
 
I got to play with some pretty awesome new products from Deer and Fawn Designs. The colours in the  new Bo Bunny Misc Me Journal Pack jumped out at me straight away.  I loved the contrast of the soft feminine pinks and teals contrasted with the bold navy.  I'm usually more of a black kinda girl, so I really enjoyed playing with this mix. 
I cut up some of the larger journal sheets (if you cut them in half they are a perfect 6x4 inch - Perfect!).  I also cut out a few journaling shapes from one of the 6x4 cards.  I made some of my own embellishments by stamping onto card and then cutting that out.  I added a few doilies (I love the Deer and Fawn doilies - and the colours always seem to be the perfect shade for whatever project I'm working on. 
 
Here's my double page spread:
 

I love doing Project Life.  I love capturing the everyday.  And as you can see I love the journaling.  I find it quite therapeutic to write about the week that was.  With 2 kids a lot happens in 1 week and I want to remember everything!  I completed a whole year last year and we love looking through it - it's amazing to see the change in our life and it really helps me remember the details.  It also helps me to put things into perspective.  I find I can easily get caught up in all the trivial things, and doing project life helps me to really appreciate and focus on what's really important.

When I create my 12x12 layouts, they are often very mixed media focused - it's my time to really play, experiment and be creative.  So I like to keep my project life simple - it's not about technique - its about the photos, the words and just getting it done.  I go back to basics with project life, and I really enjoy the process - both physically and mentally.
I love the planning, the sticking and pasting, and the documenting.
As I mentioned, I'm a big fan of words.  So along with this I love text paper and I loved playing with the little journal strip stickers - they seemed to say exactly the right phrases!  And on most of my Project Life pages you will find a bit of Washi Tape.

Here's the left page:
 
And here's the right hand side:
 
 
And a bit of a close up:
 
Well I'm off to do some more creating....I'll pop back in soon.  Have a great weekend. I hope you get some creative time.
 
Tammy
 
Deer and Fawn Products used:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your PL layout Tammy... and I must admit I LOVE doilies too :) it is great to focus on the simple things in our lives and not make it complicated :)

    ReplyDelete