Previous Deer Designers

Monday, March 30, 2015

Mixed Media MONDAY!!!!

Hello everyone!

Are you all good? ... Those lovely ladies in Victoria its day one of the school holidays! YIPPEE!! (not) ..... I don't know about you but my kids drive me CRAZZZYYY!!! When they are together for too long... LOL

Anyway, I am going to try try TRY my so very best to post a Mixed Media project every Monday ...

******* MIXED MEDIA MONDAY *******

I created this background a few weeks ago using some my awesome Dylusions Inks! I am so in LOVE with these sprays, they sit in a special place on my desk, right next to my yummy yummy all time favourite pencils ... drum roll .... PRISMACOLOR! ( the need a drum roll ). 
Enough of my craziness ....

I woke up this morning with a girl in my head, a sweet face with blue hair! So I made a coffee, and started to draw. "She" is what happened. No arms and all..... I love her ... "she" is different!

I drew her out using my Stabilo ALL pencil. This is such a cool pencil, it draws on plastic-metal-everything! Deb you need to get these in the shop! I suggest EVERYONE buys one of these pencils! ... They are pretty cent around $3 .....

Using my cheapy Paints, I started to add shadows to her face with Paynes Grey acrylic paint, then my mid-tones using my Delta Creamcoat Paint skin colour and then white for the high lights.
Don't you just love how the "background" colours still show through! ..... I finished her off with some blue hair and a funky pink dress!

I then stamped the edge with a Kaiser Craft background stamp, and coloured in some of the squares with my Fude Ball pen. I continued to "doodle" around the edges. Finishing off with my word "DIFFERENT".


"DIFFERENT"
Mixed Media Journal
Connie Hatch






                                               
    I hope you love her too!

Ok! .... I think its time for a little CHALLENGE!! ...... A Mixed Media challenge ..

A nice easy one to get you all started in the fun of Mixed Media.
I would like you to create a ....
BACKGROUND 
using at least ....

ONE INK SPRAY
ONE STAMP
ONE STENCIL


EASY! .... I am sure I can russell up a prize!!! ...... Post your backgrounds on facebook and I will ask the wonderful Debbie to pick a WINNER!!!


See you later!

Connie ... xxx

Products

Stabilo ALL Pencil
Cheapy Paint - Paynes Grey, Magenta, Ultramarine Blue, Turquoise
Kaiser Craft Paint - White
Delta Creamcoat Paint - Skin Colour
Dude Ball Pen

No comments:

Post a Comment