Previous Deer Designers

Friday, March 6, 2015

Black and Yellow Layout

Hi everyone, Kirsty here and I'm excited to finally share with you my newest layout using the gorgeous Kaisercraft Captured Memories - Let it Shine Pocket Life cards in both 3x4 Cards and 4x6 Cards! This collection also comes with the Collectables which you can find in the Deer and Fawn online shop! 

As soon as I saw the colours, I knew exactly what photos I wanted to use for this layout! Every year we do a Christmas Card photo which we send out to family and friends, and I spend months and month deciding on a colour theme, then scout around for the perfect dresses for my girls and shirts for my boys! For 2013 the colour theme was Black and Yellow!


My left hand side - I like to layer my photos on 4x6 cards, just to give them some extra depth which you can see on the top left photo. 
* journalling will be added later! 

Another great way to use the 3x4 cards, to to layer them under a cut out card which I did on the 2013 card!

Sometimes I want to keep my layout clean looking but also don't want it looking plain, so by added a black doily behind my photo, I'm adding more to it than if I was just adding the photo to the card.

I love adding the sparkles of gold from the Heidi Swapp Glitter Word Stickers, they are just devine and add the perfect touch to my layouts!


I found that this collection of cards had some of my favourite sayings that I've seen in a collection before so I've tried to add as many as I could in my layout! 

Those little smiley faces were certainly popular in our house, all the kids loved them and laughed every time they saw them on my layout! 
*journalling will be added later! 

Another element from the Collectables collection, one of my favourite sayings! 

And one more look at my layout, I have to say I do love it and it was such a great one to design! 

Well thats it for me, I hope you have been inspired to get creating! 





No comments:

Post a Comment