Previous Deer Designers

Thursday, July 9, 2015

Art Journal - STARS ...

Hi Guys!

Hope everyone is enjoying the school holidays! ... My sweet darling daughter Jorja is driving me NUTS! ... She is 9 going on 19, & thinks she know EVERYTHING! ... ARHHHH ... Crazy crazy.

Last night I had a HUGE urge to play with my paints. My awesome Ceramcoat paints! ... They are really easy paints to use, I just LOVE finger painting with them & getting all messy. The best thing ... is they are super cheap ( only like $2.50 each! ) & available over on the Deer & Fawn website!
I had already decided I didn't want to do  a "girl". I started to think about Van Gogh and his amazing art & his famous " STARRY STARRY NIGHT " painting, which I LOVE & went from there!

" Go Out & Paint The STARS "
Art Journal
by Connie Hatch


Using the Ceramcoat Paints, I finger painted my background
so it looked like a night sky.
I also fingered painted hills & grass.
Using my black Pitt Pen, I started to add some Tangles
on the grass.


Taking a sheet of watercolour paper, I sprayed two sheets
withe Dylusions Ink Sprays.
I then hand drew a wonky house & tree & cut
the shapes out using my sprayed watercolour paper.


Finishing off, I tangled on the tree & house, stamped out
a flower. Using a fan brush I watered down
some yellow & white paint, then flick it over
my sky to mimic the stars.
Added my title, & she is all finished!



Details...





Sorry about the photos! Not much light ... :)

Thanks for stopping bye!

See you Later...

Connie ...xxx

Products

Black Pitt Pen
Dylusions Stamp Set 
Letter Stickers from my Stash




1 comment:

  1. Connie you have outdone yourself!! This is so inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete