Previous Deer Designers

Sunday, June 21, 2015

HAPPY SUNDAY!

Hello to all my D&F peeps!

Have we all been keeping well? .. All been creating like crazy ladies? ... I hope so!
 2015 has NOT been my year! ... EVERYTHING has gone wrong & I am hoping the next part of the year will improve ... even just a little. In good news my darling hubby Mark found a new job after getting laid off 3 weeks ago .. He started this week! I am very happy not only do we have a income again, I don't have him under my feet all day long driving me NUTS! ... I swear he is worse than the kids!

Anyway.....

I posted on the Deer & Fawn Facebook page the other day, sharing the beginning of my new "GIRL". I was flipping through an old Cleo magazine and saw a model with her hands up in the air & intently know what I was going to do. I love how the smallest things can prompt inspiration.
Here is the first image ....



I use an old plastic gift card and scraped some Ceramcoat - Turquoise & Ceramcoat - OJ Orange on my art journal page, over lapping in some areas. I cut out my "arms" and found some "legs". I then started to playground with a dress. In the end you will see I changed my mind!

Here are a couple of progress photos I snapped when I remembered ....... 





Instead of one huge eye .... I went with some big LIPS!! ..... LOL

Ok drum roll ...... 


" I'M SO FANCY"
Art Journal Page
by Connie Hatch








I finished her off with some awesome hair, using a circle stencil and Zentangling in each circle. using a Dylusions stamp set for her hands. And just added some doodling on the background!
The title came from the song "FANCY" by Iggy Azalea. While I was making her dress, I just started singing this song to myself .. ( i do this a lot ) ... & is was PERFECT! ... do you agree?

Anyone who is interested in doing Mixed Media in a journal, Please let me or Debbie know! If I can get enough interested, I will run monthly classes teaching different techniques!

Thanks for stopping by!

See you later ...

Connie ...xxx

Products
Ceramcoat Paint - Turquoise
Ceramcoat Paint - OJ Orange
Ceramcoat Paint - Pretty Pink
Ceramcoat Paint - Laguna Blue
Ceramcoat Paint - Dunes Beige (skin)
Ceramcoat Paint - Passion
Ceramcoat Paint - Opaque Yellow
Dylusions Stamp Set - Depenable Dotty
Sharpie Paint Pen
Uniball SIGNO - Black Pen - Bold 207
Fude Ball 1.5 - Black
Uniball SIGNO - White Pen
Cheapo Gel Pen Set from Kmart ($2)
Scrap Paper
Cleo Magazine


No comments:

Post a Comment