Previous Deer Designers

Monday, February 2, 2015

TTFN from I'm Miss Polley


Hello Everyone!

Today it's my turn to say 'TTFN" (Ta Ta For Now) to you all as it's also my last day as a Deer Designer, but before I get to my layout, I would like to say a HUGE thank you to Debbie for the opportunity. It's boosted my confidence greatly in the crafting world and rekindled my love for getting a bit messy with craft, and even got me preparing for regular blogging!

These days, I wouldn't normally do a full scrapbook page but this little technique I will be sharing today is definitely an old favourite of mine, which WILL save you $$ in the long run! You could easily use it on PL cards as well, which is on my 'to-do' list.
So what is it? Texture paste!





I've been making this stuff for a little while now, I use a small Moccona coffee jar (air tight!) for storage and follow the VERY simple recipe below:

1/2 cup Baby Powder
2 Tablespoons white glue (I've used PVA in this batch but a Matte liquid glue like Mod Podge is more true to real texture paste)
1-2 Tablespoons White Acrylic Paint

So for this layout, I grabbed one of my favourite stencils from my stash (I think Kaisercraft) and a piece of cardstock and spread away with a credit card (If you don't have an old credit card, use a store card, scrap chipboard, spoon - whatever works!).
I wait till it dried (This is why I am actually a day late with my post :P) then picked up some Heidi Swapp Color Shine and sprayed about 5cm or less away from the paper - this will leave a giant pool of awesome shimmery stuff in one spot. Before it dries, tip your paper up so the excess can run down the page. My now blue & green kitchen bench tells me its a great idea to use newspaper underneath or in the kitchen sink.

I tore a piece of paper from the Playful paper pad and added a few stickers from Kaisercraft Sea Breeze collection along with a title I designed and cut with my Cameo.


Thank you a bunch for all your support over December & January, I really appreciate it!

Till next time,

Emma x


No comments:

Post a Comment