Previous Deer Designers

Friday, September 5, 2014

Hello from Lauren: Spring has Sprung!

Hi Everyone,

I hope that you are all having a great first week of Spring! I'm Lauren and I am the guest designer here at Deer & Fawn Designs for September, so you will get to see me here, and over on my blog, every week showcasing a whole of lot of amazing Deer & Fawn goodies! I was so excited when Debbie asked me to be a guest - it is so great to be creating for a fantastic locally owned store!

Debbie sent me so many products to play with that I will be using throughout the month. Today I am going to be showing you a Project Life layout and a coordinating 12x12 layout. I was lucky enough to get to play with one of the Project Life value kits - Peace, Love & Sunshine - which is available here in the store.


This kit went perfectly with the photos that I was scrapbooking - it was a great week with lots of fun, including a hens' party, fun with friends, creativity and yoga! I love the colours of this kit.

In this layout I got to play with a lot of the great embellishments - including the great spotty washi tape which I used to tie the pages together, the WOW Thumbs Up veneer and my favourite the Pink Paislee Solstice gold stickers (you might want to pick up a pack of them for your entry into the September GOLD challenge.

One of the things I love to do is cut up the project life cards and use them as embellishments. As you can see above - I cut out the bright sunshiny day heart, the life and the day (in the hen's day title) - they add some great points of interest, plus they come from the same colour palette as the cards I used as the base for the layout.

I also wanted to show you all how you can use Project Life cards in your more traditional scrapbooking layouts. I include my traditional layouts in my Project Life album so I like to make sure that they tie in with the week they relate to. As you can see I cut some of the cards down to create interest and a journalling spot.

I also love using mists to create splatters on my pages, plus I love stitching and I thought that these flowers tied in really well with the floral card I used. I also used one of the Dusty Attic chipboards 'love this' - I used orange embossing powder to colour the embellishment to tie in with the layout.


I had so much fun creating all of these layouts and I will be back next week with some more creations! In the mean time feel free to come and visit me at my little part of the internet - Love.Life.Lauren. Have fun and keep smiling, Lauren xx

No comments:

Post a Comment