Previous Deer Designers

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Going for Gold with Lauren!

Hi everyone,

Lauren here! I hope that you are all having a wonderful start to the week - I know I am because I have been getting my craft on! Today I am going to show you my take on September's Gold Challenge and hopefully it will inspire you all to enter and win a great Kaisercraft prize pack!

Two of our closest friends are getting married in a couple of weeks and I wanted to make them a special card. I thought gold would be the perfect colour for the card.


This card also gave me the chance to try my Silhouette Sketch Pens with my Cameo. I thought that handwriting style font would look great on the card. The sketch pens are great and they come in so many colours! Which also called for some decision making - black or gold? Making decisions is one of the hardest things of crafting, but then again if that is the biggest decisions I have to make in my day I must be going ok!


I decided, after also consulting with some of my scrappy friends - design by committee is often the best part of crafting, to go with black.

The anchor is a meaningful symbol for our friends and I felt 'anchor each other' would be a perfect sentiment. I also decided to use one of the gold anchors from the Pink Paislee Solstice pack - this pack is awesome and jam packed of goodies! You need to go to the shop immediately and buy a pack before they all sell out!



To finish the card off I mounted it on some gold striped vellum that I had in my stash and called it done! It is a simple card but I think it is effective, especially with the gold! Now every card needs a fun envelope - so I found a gold doily, stuck it on the envelope and added some thickers of our friends initials. Super cute.


I really love playing with gold in my layouts - over on my blog you can see one of my older posts 'All That Glitters is Gold' where I did a completely gold layout - so head on over for some inspiration!

I can't wait to see all of your golden entries into the September competition! Keep creating, Lauren xx


No comments:

Post a Comment