Previous Deer Designers

Friday, August 7, 2015

Tam's August Challenge Inspiration

Hi everyone!! Tam here....  Happy FriYAY!

Today I managed to find time to create a layout inspired by the August Challenge.  The challenge this month is a tribute to Debbie and all her hard work at Deer and Fawn.  The challenge is to create a layout/card/art journal page about something you are thankful for and to incorporate flowers into this.

My layout is a personal one.  It's a story about when my mum passed away, and how thankful I am to have been able to be there with her when it happened.  It's about what a privilege it is to be a part of a moment like this. 
 (OUT FOR PUBLICATION)
 
I journalled quite a bit on this layout, so I tucked that into a pocket.  Here's a bit more detail. 
 
(OUT FOR PUBLICATION)
 
I chose to work with blues because this was mum's favourite colour.  Here's another close up....
 
(OUT FOR PUBLICATION)

I love that scrapbooking is so personal for me.  I've been really missing her lately, and finding the time to document my feelings really helps.  When I look at this layout, although it makes me feel sad, it also makes me smile, as I now have something tangible that tells the story of how this moment made me feel.
 
I really enjoyed creating this one.....very therapeutic. I love that this challenge can be about something 'big', like mine, or it could be about something as simple as being thankful for your morning coffee!!
I look forward to seeing what you all do with this challenge......
 
Have a great weekend, bye for now......
Tam
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. This is just so beautiful Tam! I love everything about it! Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful and so personal what you have shared Tammy... It is so true that our hobby is so therapeutic also... it helps through good times and bad. Thanks for sharing such a special moment and a truly BEAUTIFUL page xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Debbie. What lovely words, thankyou, that means a lot. Mwah!

      Delete
  3. This is beautiful. I have a photo of Me holding my Mum's hand when she was dying as well. So far no one else has seen it. Maybe one day I will be able to create a layout and I hope it is as beautiful and does it justice as yours is and has. Been missing my parents of late as well. Love your blue colour scheme, a very special layout
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love those colours and as they are so special to you they mean everything. It's a very special layout.

    ReplyDelete